Update from UK Innovate on Horizon Europe Transport Related Calls: Open and Forthcoming
Much of the Horizon Europe Cluster 5: Climate, Energy and Mobility Work Programme for 2021/2022 has come to an end but there is still over €1.2Bn of funding available through current and forthcoming competitions that researchers and innovators in the Transport sector should be interested in:
- There are seven different Topics in the Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods (HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02) call for proposals that include logistics, urban mobility and transport infrastructure challenges. There is a total budget of €91m and the deadline for proposal submission is Tuesday 6 September 2022.
- The Clean Aviation Joint Undertaking has launched its first call for proposals with 14 different Topics and a total budget of over €735m. The deadline for proposal submission is Thursday 23 June 2022.
- Europe's Rail Joint Undertaking has also published its first call for proposals. There are only 6 Topics but there is a combined budget of €234m. The deadline for proposal submission is also Thursday 23 June 2022.
- The SESAR 3 Joint Undertaking (SESAR is Single European Skies ATM (Air Traffic Management) Research) has launched two calls for proposals, each with 17 Topics, and a combined budget of over €143m. One of the calls is focused on Exploratory Research and the other is Industrial Research and so a higher Technology Readiness Level is expected. The deadline for proposal submission for both calls (all 34 Topics) is Thursday 13 October 2022.
Horizon Europe Climate, Energy & Mobility DRAFT Work Programme 2023/2024
You may already be aware that the DRAFT Work Programme for 2023/2024 has been 'leaked' and is available on the Science|Business website. Please use this with caution as it is very likely to change. Some of the proposed Topics will probably not survive to publication and others may change significantly.
- European Commission Horizon Europe website
- European Commission Cluster 5 'Climate, Energy and Mobility' webpage and current and future calls
- UKRI Horizon Europe webpage (including info on UK Horizon Europe guarantee) | guidance and help
- Innovate UK KTN webpage for Cluster 5 'Climate, Energy and Mobility'
- European Commission Q&A confirming that UK entities are already eligible to apply to Horizon Europe
European Commission list of Participating Countries in Horizon Europe (in addition to EU Member States)